World Ocean Day: Young Ocean Champions (FREE entry)
Time & Location
About The Event
Speakers:, DR. JIM DARLING, Michelle Mech, Mark Cantwell, Matt Miller, Artist Wyland, surprise speaker
- Whale Music recorded by Dr. Jim Darling, PhD opens the Ocean Day event
- Michelle Mech, author "Ocean Champions” reads to grades 1-4 from her oceanchampions.com
- "BLUE Planet II” BBCs TV series by Sir David Attenborough
- Mark Cantwell, Meterologist and world explorer: "Under the Ocean: The beauty and message of Bali by a scientist free diver"
- Melinda Jolley, City of Victoria Sustainability Team "When Rain Becomes the Ocean"
- The Ocean Has Ears - Whales and A Noise filled Sea: Matt Miller, MSc Earth & Ocean Sciences UVic
- Ocean Art : global whale artist Wyland paints an Orca with students